Lucid dreaming is a skill practiced by many sleep scientists, artists, mystics, and other ‘dreamers’ around the World.
Yet it takes a certain level of dedication, and consistency to fully master. The benefits of lucid dreaming you’re about to receive are not capable of occurring all at once, but rather gradually over time.
Although it’s possible to achieve beneficial results during the first few tries, they increase significantly with dedication and a desire to openly and vividly connect to the dream realm.
However, even people who lucid dream regularly may only be able to do so once or twice a month, at least mostly in the beginning.
So patience is of value with this practice, and through enhancing upon lucid dreaming techniques, the frequency and chance of being in control of the outcome of your dreams (without waking up), will gradually increase!
Benefits of Lucid Dreaming Include…
- Helps Improve Memory: Regular sleeping, or ‘light’ sleeping, improves upon episodic memory(1), which is more or less muscle memory of the physical body. Whereas deep sleep, or ‘slow-wave’ REM sleep(2), the type of sleep whence most dreams occur, improves upon the semantic memory(3) – the ability to remember facts.
- Freedom To Do and Be Anything: During our dream sessions, we have the ability to live out fantasies, whether naughty or nice. Discover personal meaning to our lives, or fulfill desires we otherwise wouldn’t have in waking life.
- Better Understand Ourselves: Dreams can help us better understand our subconscious mind. Certain people, places, or things we witness in the dream realm may have significance as a symbol for our waking life. Consulting a dream dictionary or dream consultant may help clarify these and/or make connections. For example: if you consistently dream about butterflies, it would be a good idea to check what the spiritual meaning of the butterfly is.
- Inspire Stellar Creativity: New ideas and potential opportunities may present themselves to us through our dreams. Beings as it’s a judgement-free zone where anything can happen, creativity is uninhibited and unshackled, flowing freely.
- Helps Alleviate Blockages: Things such as fear, doubt, anxiety, and others can all be put to rest with dreaming. Dreams give us the opportunity to predict or even practice a current or future scenario, and how to best overcome them, before they happen in waking life.
- Learn New Skills: In accordance with easing negativity, dreams can also help us improve upon or learn new skills via visualization. When envisioning ourselves overcoming an obstacle or acquiring an achievement, the neuronal activation in the brain is almost identical as if doing the same in waking life.(4)
- Astral Travel: Once you lucid dream and realize this without waking, you can essentially do anything or go anywhere you wish too. Fly over mountains to a beautiful destination, or venture into other dimensions of the dream realm.
- Communicating With Others: It is possible for two individuals to astral travel and ‘meet up’ during their lucid dream. Also, a suggested gateway for communicating with your higher Self, spirit guides, angels, and loved ones who have passed away, or idols and heroes of society no longer with us – for guidance or support.
The benefits are truly endless and have the potential to completely transform the way we experience both our waking life and dream life realities.
Staying committed to the practice of lucid dreaming can open up new avenues of thought and inspiration never before deemed possible.
Recommended Book for You:
Your Guide to Experiencing Your Wildest Dreams in Reality Through Lucid Dreaming.
Other than all the benefits listed above, becoming a pro at mastering our dreams is no small feat, but even if we’re only able to experience lucid dreaming for only a few moments at a time, especially at first, it is something you may never forget.
This is because lucid dreaming is not only helpful in a lot of ways, but also quite a lot of fun! 🙂